HOD : Dr. Madhup Rastogi
Scientist(Medical Physicist & RSO)- Dr S.P. Mishra (View CV)
Facilities: Conventional Radiotherapy, 3 DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SRS, SRT, Palliative Radiotherapy,Chemotherapy, Teaching and Training
Activities: Visit of Ms. Carmel Mantle
Research Staff: Dr S P Mishra (Scientist)
Technical staff: Kiran Kumar,Sunil Masih,Manisha Bedi,Gufran,Juhi Srivastava
Course Offered: MD
Ram Manohar Lohia Cancer Support Group
Clinic services The needs of cancer patient are not only limited to medical treatment. The patients need support and care for their physical, emotional and cosmetic rehabilitation. We follow the treatment to recovery programme where survivors are invaluable and the purpose of the cancer rehabilitation clinic is to contribute towards this cause.
Trained volunteers including former cancer patients and health professionals conduct the clinic. Free counseling is offered and telephone helplines are available for patient and families to receive guidance and support during difficult times.
At present the clinic has 3 programmes-
1) Rastogi M, Khurana R, Revannasiddaiah S, Jaiswal I, Nanda SS, Gupta P, Chufal KS, Bhatt ML Role of benzydamine hydrochloride in the prevention of oral mucositis in head and neck cancer patients treated with radiotherapy (>50 Gy) with or without chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer. 2017 May;25(5):1439-1443. doi: 10.1007/s00520-016-3548-9. Epub 2016 Dec 16.
2) Madhup Rastogi, Shantanu Sapru, Pooja Gupta, Ajeet Kumar Gandhi, Surendra P. Mishra, Anoop K. Srivastava, Rohini Khurana, Rahat Hadi, Kamal Sahni, Farzana S. Prospective evaluation of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy with Simultaneous Integrated Boost (IMRT-SIB) in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in patients not suitable for chemo-radiotherapy. Oral Oncology 67 (2017) 10–16
3) Anoop K Srivastava, Madhup Rastogi, S P Mishra. Evaluation of Tumor Control and Normal Tissue Complication Probability in Head and Neck Cancers with Different Sources of Radiation: A Comparative Study. Iran J Med Phys, Vol. 14, No. 3, September2017. 167-172. 10.22038/IJMP.2017.21731.1206.
4) Madhup Rastogi, Sambit Swarup Nanda, Ajeet Kumar Gandhi, Divakar Dalela, Rohini Khurana, Surendra Prasad Mishra, Anoop Srivastavaa, S. Farzana, Madan Lal Brahma Bhatt, Nuzhat Husain. Pelvic bone anatomy vs implanted gold seed marker registration for image-guided intensity modulated radiotherapy for prostate carcinoma: Comparative analysis of inter-fraction motion and toxicities. J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 2017 Dec;29(4):185-190. doi: 10.1016/j.jnci.2017.08.003. Epub 2017 Nov 9
5) Anoop K srivastava, Madhup Rastogi, S P Mishra. A comparative analysis of tumor control and normal tissue complication probability in consequential Radiotherapy plans of Carcinoma cervix using 6 MV X-ray and Cobalt -60 gamma ray. INDIAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH. Volume - 7 | Issue - 3 | March - 2017 | ISSN - 2249-555X | IF: 4.894 | IC Value: 79.96.
6) Vivekanand Satyawali, Swaroop Revannasiddaiah*, Kailash Chandra Pandey, Madhup Rastogi. Evaluation of the intentions towards, and success with tobacco-cessation among first-degree relatives of head & neck carcinoma patients. Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2017; 5(9D):3774-3779 (DOI: 10.21276/sjams.2017.5.9.52)
7) Satyajeet Rath, Madhup Rastogi, Ajeet Kumar Gandhi, Animesh Agrawal, Harikesh Bahadur Singh. An unusual presentation of brain metastasis: Multiple skull and parenchymal lesions masquerading as infective etiology. Advances in Modern Oncology Research vol 3, no 3, 2017 pg 131-135. doi: 10.18282/amor.v3.i3.201
8) Gandhi AK, Kumar P, Bhandari M, Devnani B, Rath GK. Burden of preventable cancers in India: Time to strike the cancer epidemic. J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 2017 Mar;29(1):11-18
9) Kashyap L, Gandhi AK, Pandey R, Sharma DN. Locally advanced carcinoma of the cervix associated with pelvic kidney treated with intensity-modulated radiotherapy: Overcoming a therapeutic challenge. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2017 Jan;43(1):238-242
10) Grover S, Gudi S, Gandhi AK, Puri PM, Olson AC, Rodin D, Balogun O, Dhillon PK, Sharma DN, Rath GK, Shrivastava SK, Viswanathan AN, Mahantshetty U.
Radiation Oncology in India: Challenges and Opportunities. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2017Apr;27(2):158-163.
11) Mohanti BK, Thakar A, Kaur J, Bahadur S, Malik M, Gandhi AK, Bhasker S, SharmaA.
Postoperative radiotherapy dose requirement in standard combined-modality practice for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: Analysis of salient surgical and radiotherapy parameters in 2 cohorts. Head Neck. 2017 Sep;39(9):1788-1796
12) Bhandari M, Gandhi AK, Devnani B, Kumar P, Sharma DN, Julka PK. Comparative Study of Adjuvant Temozolomide Six Cycles Versus Extended 12 Cycles in Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Multiforme. J Clin Diagn Res. 2017 May;11(5):XC04-XC08
13) Madhup Rastogi, Sambit S Nanda, Ajeet K Gandhi, Satyajeet Rath, Harikesh B Singh, Swaroop Revannasiddaiah. Ileo-Cervical Fistula: An Unforeseen Complication After Treatment Of Cancer Cervix Following Supra-Cervical Hysterectomy in The Past. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) Volume 16, Issue 8 Ver. XII (Aug. 2017), PP 16-19 DOI: 10.9790/0853-1608121619.
14) Jyoti Bisht, Surendra Prasad Mishra, Raj Kumar Tyagi and Anoop Srivastava Evaluation of Target Coverage and Organ at Risk Doses in Volumetric Intracavitary Brachytherapy for Cervical Cancer. INROADS Vol. 6, No. 2, July-December, 2017, pp-101-107
15) Satyajeet Rath, Madhup Rastogi, Ajeet Kumar Gandhi, Paritosh Pandey, Sambit Swarup Nanda. Improved Outcome with Gefitinib in Recurrent Middle Ear Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2017 Dec, Vol-11(12): XD04-XD05. DOI: 10.7860/JCDR/2017/34511.10989
16) Kainat Khan, Shikha Tewari, Namrata Punit Awasthi, Surendra Prasad Mishra, Gaurav Raj Agarwal, Madhup Rastogi, Nuzhat Husain. Flow Cytometric Detection of Gamma-H2AX To Evaluate DNA Damage by Low Dose Diagnostic Irradiation. Medical Hypotheses 115 (2018) 22–28. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mehy.2018.03.016
17) Kainat Khan, Shikha Tewari, Madhup Rastogi, Gaurav Raj Agarwal, Surendra Prasad Mishra, Nuzhat Husain. Quantitative Extra Long PCR to Detect DNA Lesions in Patients Exposed to Low Doses of Diagnostic Radiation. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 19 (5), 1367-1373. DOI:10.22034/APJCP.2018.19.5.1367
18) Sambit Swarup Nanda, Ajeet Kumar Gandhi, Madhup Rastogi, Rohini Khurana, Rahat Hadi, Kamal Sahni, Surendra Prasad Mishra, Anoop K. Srivastava, Madan Lal Brahma Bhatt, Devendra Parmar, Evaluation of XRCC-1 Gene Polymorphism as a Biomarker in Head and Neck Cancer Patients Undergoing Chemo radiotherapy. International Journal of Radiation Oncology * Biology * Physics Volume 101, Issue 3, 1 July 2018, Pages 593-601.
19) Bhardwaj Shipra, Verma Narsingh, Bhatt MLB, Rastogi Madhup. A10273 Chronobiological analysis of Blood Pressure for early detection of chemotheraphy induced Cardiotoxicity. Journal of Hypertension: October 2018 - Volume 36 - Issue - p e194–e195. doi: 10.1097/01.hjh.0000548793.78298.da
20) Kailash Chandra Pandey, Swaroop Revannasiddaiah, Nirdosh Kumar Pant, Lalit Mohan, Madhup Rastogi. Evaluation of the Incidence of Gefitinib Induced Interstitial Lung Disease in Patients with Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma. Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., Apr 2018; 6(4): 1575-1579 DOI: 10.21276/sjams.2018.6.4.40
21) Mandal SR, Bharati A, Haghighi RR, Arava S, Ray R, Jagia P, Sharma S, Chatterjee S, Tabin M, Sharma M, Sharma S. Non-invasive characterization of coronary artery atherosclerotic plaque using dual energy CT: Explanation in ex-vivo samples. Physica Medica. 2018 Jan 1;45:52-8.
22) Srivastava S, Painuly NK, Mishra SP, Srivastava K, Singh N, Brahma Bhatt ML. Effect of different definitions of prescription point “A” in high dose rate brachytherapy for cervical cancer. J Can Res Ther 2019; 15: 1365-9.
23) Anoop Kumar Srivastava, Madhup Rastogi, SP Mishra Implications of applicators orientations on bladder, and rectal doses in gynecological mHDR brachytherapy: A retrospective analysis of reproducibility in multi-fractionated regimen. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics - Volume 15 - Issue 6 - October-December 2019
24) Bharati A, Mandal SR, Gupta AK, Seth A, Sharma R, Bhalla AS, Das CJ, Chatterjee S, Kumar P. Development of a method to determine electron density and effective atomic number of high atomic number solid materials using dual-energy computed tomography. Journal of Medical Physics. 2019 Jan 1;44(1):49.
25) Srivastava S, Painuly N. K, Mishra S. P, Srivastava K, Singh N, Singh S, Bhatt M. L. B. Evaluation of Volumetric Doses of Organs at Risk in Carcinoma Cervix Patients with HDR Intracavitary Brachytherapy and Comparison of CT-based and Conventional Plans. J Biomed Phys Eng. 2019 Dec; 9(6): 603–612
26) Mandal SR, Bharati A, Kumar Pratik. Determination of mass density of atherosclerostic non calcified plaque. INDIAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH. Volume-9 | Issue-2 | February-2019 | Pg 19-22.
27) Harikesh B Singh, Ajeet Kumar Gandhi, Shantanu Sapru, Rohini Khurana, Rahat Hadi, Sambit S Nanda, Satyajeet Rath, Avinav Bharati, Anoop Kumar Srivastava, Surendera P Mishra, Kamal Sahni, Nuzhat Husain, Madhup Rastogi. "Comparison of Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy and Three Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy in Postoperative High Grade Glioma: A Dosimetric Comparison ". Iran J Med Phys 2019; 16: 385-391. DOI: 10.22038/ijmp.2019.35300.1452.
28) Harikesh Bahadur Singh, Rohini Khurana, Madhup Rastogi, Sambit Swarup Nanda, Satyajeet Rath, Anju Mishra. Assessment and results of early active nutritional interventions during radiotherapy with or without chemotherapy of head-and-neck cancer Oncology Journal of India ¦ Volume 3 ¦ Issue 3 ¦ September-December 2019. DOI: 10.4103/oji.oji_29_19
29) Rastogi M, Gandhi AK, Dua B, Chufal KS, Srivastava M, Singh S, Gupta R, Bhatt MB. A prospective randomized study of analysis of clinical outcome and toxicity patterns of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma treated with accelerated fractionated radiotherapy versus concurrent chemo radiotherapy. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2019 Sep, Vol 13, Issue 9; Page XC01-06 DOI 10.7860/JCDR/2019/41943.13151
30) Rastogi M, Nanda SS, Gandhi AK, Dalela D, Khurana R, Mishra SP, Rath S, Bhatt MLB. Impact of Planning Target Volume Reduction on Radiation Toxicity and Biochemical Control in Prostate Carcinoma Treated with Marker Based Image Guided-intensity Modulated Radiotherapy. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2019 Jun, Vol-13(6): XC01-XC06 DOI: 10.7860/JCDR/2019/41197.12921
31) Gandhi AK, Sharma DN, Rath GK, Julka PK, Subramani V, Sharma S, Manigandan D, Kumar S. Long Term Clinical Outcome and Late Toxicity of Intensity Modulated Versus Conventional Pelvic Radiation Therapy for Locally Advanced Cervix Carcinoma. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2019 Mar, Vol-13(3): XC09-XC13
32) Rath S, Gandhi AK, Rastogi M, Agarwal A, Singhal A, Sharma V, Khurana R, Bahadur HK, Nanda SS, Hadi R, Husain N. Treatment Pattern and Outcomes in Verrucous Carcinoma of Oral Cavity: A Single Institutional Retrospective Analysis from a Tertiary Cancer Center and Review of Literature. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020).
33) Rath S, Khurana R, Sapru S, Rastogi M, Gandhi AK, Hadi R, Sahni K, Mishra SP, Srivastava AK, Syedkather F. Evaluation of purely accelerated six fractions per week radiotherapy in postoperative oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2020 Feb;16(1):14-22
34) Avinav BHARATI, Anoop Kumar SRIVASTAVA, Madhup RASTOGI, Rohini KHURANA, Rahat HADI, Shantanu SAPRU, Ajeet Kumar GANDHI, S.P. MISHRA. Evaluation of the effect of random setup errors on dose delivery in Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy. Polish Journal of Medical Physics and Engineering March 2020, Vol 26, Issue-1
35) Rath S, Gandhi AK, Rastogi M, Agarwal A, Singhal A, Sharma V, Khurana R, Bahadur HK, Nanda SS, Hadi R, Husain N. Treatment Pattern and Outcomes in Verrucous Carcinoma of Oral Cavity: A Single Institutional Retrospective Analysis from a Tertiary Cancer Center and Review of Literature. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-020-01798-w
36) Rastogi M, Gandhi AK. Multiple cutaneous lesions in Multiple Myeloma responding to radiotherapy.Ahead of print [Indian J Med Res 2020]
37) Sharma V, Pandey S, Gandhi AK, Pandey A, Rastogi M, Sethi R, Hadi R, Husain N. Island Nasolabial Flap for Tongue Reconstruction: Locoregional Flap of Choice and an Alternative to Free Flap for Tongue Cancer. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology, September 17, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13193-020-01214-3.
38) Rath S, Gandhi AK, Rastogi M, Khurana R, Hadi R, Singh HB, Nanda SS,et al. Patterns of failure and clinical outcomes of post-operative buccal mucosa cancers treated with adjuvant ipsilateral radiotherapy. (Accepted for publication in Radiat Oncol J 2020)
39) Rastogi M, Gandhi AK, Tiwari R, Nanda SS, Rath S, Khurana R, et al. Prospective Evaluation of Definitive Chemo radiotherapy with Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) in Patients of Muscle Invasive Carcinoma of Urinary Bladder (Accepted for publication in Contemporary Oncology 2020)
Weekly Teaching Program: Click Here...
Medical Physics / Radiobiology: Click Here...
Seminar: Click Here...
Invited lecture entitled “Artificial intelligence in cancer – should we love it or hate it”: Click here...