HOD : Dr. Madhup Rastogi
Scientist(Medical Physicist & RSO)- Dr S.P. Mishra (View CV)
Facilities: Conventional Radiotherapy, 3 DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SRS, SRT, Palliative Radiotherapy,Chemotherapy, Teaching and Training
Activities: Visit of Ms. Carmel Mantle
Research Staff: Dr S P Mishra (Scientist)
Technical staff: Kiran Kumar,Sunil Masih,Manisha Bedi,Gufran,Juhi Srivastava
Course Offered: MD
Ram Manohar Lohia Cancer Support Group
Clinic services The needs of cancer patient are not only limited to medical treatment. The patients need support and care for their physical, emotional and cosmetic rehabilitation. We follow the treatment to recovery programme where survivors are invaluable and the purpose of the cancer rehabilitation clinic is to contribute towards this cause.
Trained volunteers including former cancer patients and health professionals conduct the clinic. Free counseling is offered and telephone helplines are available for patient and families to receive guidance and support during difficult times.
At present the clinic has 3 programmes-
- The Breast cancer support group
- Patients along with one relative are asked to visit this counselling session on 4th to 7th day of surgery while still admitted (at a given time in a week preferably a group to be addressed)
- Care of drain is explained, Patients are taught post-surgical exercises
- A kit is given containing a cloth bag to carry drain, soft ball for exercise, a scarf, small bottle of coconut oil, etc.
- Information leaflet regarding exercise, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, breast self examination.
- Information on breast prosthesis, wig makers, compression bandage. Help is provided to fit temporary breast forms and prosthesis.
- The Head and neck cancer support group
- Mouth opening exercises, neck exercise explained
- Diet modification
- Maintainence of oral hygiene
- Device for assisting in mouth opening
- For those who undergo laryngectomy, patients are given guidance in speech therapy
- Dietary counselling
- For those who undergo chemotherapy, radiotherapy a nutritious diet in a for that can be taken by the patient is advised and a diet chart is prepared according to individual patient needAll the programmes are designed to offer information, guidance and moral support to the patient and their families to deal with therapy and to resume normal life surgery.
Group counseling sessions are held every month.
- Rath S, Gandhi AK, Rastogi M, Agarwal A, Singhal A, Sharma V, Khurana R, Bahadur HK, Nanda SS, Hadi R, Husain N. Treatment Pattern and Outcomes in Verrucous Carcinoma of Oral Cavity: A Single Institutional Retrospective Analysis from a Tertiary Cancer Center and Review of Literature. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020).
- Rath S, Khurana R, Sapru S, Rastogi M, Gandhi AK, Hadi R, Sahni K, Mishra SP, Srivastava AK, Syedkather F. Evaluation of purely accelerated six fractions per week radiotherapy in postoperative oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2020 Feb;16(1):14-22
- Verma SK, Gandhi AK, Rastogi M, Rath S, Nanda SS, Kumar S, Patni A. A Rare Case of Spinal Osteosarcoma with Extraosseous Component: Review of Literature for Role and Outcome of Radiation Therapy. Journal of medical science and clinical research Feb 2020; Vol 8; Issue 2; Page 162-166 https://dx.doi.org/10.18535/jmscr/v8i2.33
- Avinav Bharati, Anoop Kumar Srivastava, Madhup Rastogi, Rohini Khurana, Rahat Hadi, Shantanu Sapru, Ajeet Kumar Gandhi, S.P. Mishra. Evaluation of the effect of random setup errors on dose delivery in Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy. Polish Journal of Medical Physics and Engineering March 2020, Vol 26, Issue-1
- Mishra VK, Gandhi AK, Rastogi M, Rath S, Agarwal A, Patni A, Poojari A, Husain N. Chest Wall PNET Masquerading as Breast Lump: A Case Report with Diagnostic Challenge. JCR 2020;10:21-24. http://dx.doi.org/10.17659/01.2020.0007
- Rastogi M, Gandhi AK. Multiple cutaneous lesions in Multiple Myeloma responding to radiotherapy. Ahead of print [Indian J Med Res 2020]
Dr. Madhup Rastogi
Dr. Rohini Khurana
Professor Junior Grade
MBBS , MD
Dr.Anoop Kumar Srivastava
Associate Professor,(Medical Physics Radiotherapy)
M.Sc., Dip R.P,Ph.D
Dr. Shantanu Sapru
Dr S P Mishra
Dr. Ajeet K. Gandhi
MBBS, MD, DNB
Dr Avinav Bharati
M.Sc., Dip R.P, Ph.D
Teaching & Research ProgramTeaching & Training Courses
- MD Radiotherapy
- RTT (Radiotherapy Technicians Diploma)
Weekly Teaching Program: Click Here...
Medical Physics / Radiobiology: Click Here...
Seminar: Click Here...
Invited lecture entitled “Artificial intelligence in cancer – should we love it or hate it”: Click here...
Updates on Invited Talk
Updates on Invited Talk