Col (Retd) Dr Rajan Bhatnagar (Professor & Head)
Dr. Navbir Pasricha (Associate Professor)
Dr. Eti Sthapak (Assistant Professor)
Dr. Anamika Gaharwar (Assistant Professor)
Senior residents / Tutors
Dr. Swati Yadav M.D.
Dr. Akanksha Verma M.D.
Dr. Priyanka Pandey M.D.
Dr Manisha Pandey M.D.
Dr Shravan Verma MSc
About the Department: The Anatomy Department is an active pre-clinical department largely devoted to teaching Anatomy to medical, paramedical and nursing students. It boasts of a state of the art, Dissection Hall, with a Virtual dissection Table for studying section wise anatomy by the undergraduate and post graduate students. It also has a facility for projection of live dissection for all the students in the Dissection Hall. It has a Histology laboratory with state of the art infrastructure with backlit histology charts. The department boasts of fully furnished demonstration rooms with all modern audio-visual teaching aids in place. The anatomy museum has a very impressive histology and cross sectional anatomy gallery. It has aesthetically displayed specimens of soft parts, models of gross anatomy, osteology, embryology, joints and articulated and disarticulated skeletons. All equipment and infrastructure meet Medical Council of India requirements. The research Laboratory is equipped with facilities for advanced studies and will soon have a state of the art genetic lab. The department has a well-stocked library with facility to access both print and online journals.
Location: New Academic Block: Ground floor and anatomy museum on the first floor.Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences, Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow -226010
Start Date of Department: 30th November 2016
EMBALMING- The department is having an active Body Donation Program wherein 4 responsible people have already donated their bodies and 15 others have pledged it to the cause of Medical Education and research. The department is highly grateful to them for this supreme sacrifice.
Interactive teaching sessionEarly Clinical Teaching
Areas of expertise - The department aims to provide an environment which is congenial to research, by providing the infrastructure and work force required for research, not just by the faculty but also by residents and under-graduate students as envisioned by MCI in its VISION -2015.
ICMR STS Projects awarded to the department
1 Title: Level of termination of spinal cord (Conus Medullaris) and dural space in north Indian population, A MRI study.
Guide: Dr. Navbir Pasricha (Completed and accepted)
2 Title: Morphometric Analysis and Sexual Dimorphism of Corpus Callosum: A MRI Study
Guide: Dr. Rajan Bhatnagar
3 Title: Assessment of Variations in Anatomy of Skull Base Foramina: A CT Study
Guide: Dr. Eti Sthapak
The major areas of research activity within the Department are:
1. The Anatomy Department co-organized with the department of Radiology a CME Cum workshop on Shoulder Imaging: “Basics Revisited” on April 28th, 2019 in collaboration with Musculoskeletal Society of India. This event was attended by eminent Radiologists and post graduate students from the entire country.
2. The Department successfully organized ANASTOMOSIS 2019: Confluence of knowledge and recreation on 10th May, 2019. A Quiz based on anatomy (gross anatomy, histology, embryology, neuroanatomy and applied anatomy) was conducted for students studying in First professional i.e. batch 2018-19. An E- poster session was also conducted on Topics related to anatomy and which was open to all Batches except interns and PGs. There was a guest Lecture by eminent Neurologist Dr Dinkar Kulshreshtha on Case based Learning in Neuro anatomy, which was highly appreciated by all the students and visiting guest faculty. The program was attended by students from all Medical Colleges in the City and also from adjoining cities.
3. Clinical Grand Round was conducted by the department of Anatomy on “Embalming: Through the ages to the current perspectives”. Chief Speaker was Dr Eti Sthapak, Assistant Professor, department of Anatomy. The panelists were Dr. Rajan Bhatnagar (Prof and Head), Dr. Navbir Pasricha (Associate Professor), Dr Anurag (Department of Anaesthesiology) and Dr Richa Choudhary (Associate Professor and Head, FMT). This event was attended by the entire Faculty and post graduate students of Dr RML Institute and was highly appreciated by all for the insight it brought to a globally relevant topic.
1. An event will be organized in November 2019 to honour the families who have donated /pledged their bodies to the Department of anatomy and also to collaborate with Dadhichi Deh Daan Sansthan of Kanpur to facilitate the body donation programme.
Guest lectures/Invited Lectures/ Sessions chaired/Papers/Posters presented
1. Dr Navbir Pasricha delivered an Invited Lecture on the topic “ Anatomy for anaesthesiologists” in the Annual CZ- PG Anaesthesia Assembly held at Dr RML Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow on 3rd Feb, 2017
2. Dr Navbir Pasricha delivered a guest Lecture on the topic “ Research Protocol/Project” in a Workshop on Ethics In Medical Research held at Era’s Lucknow Medical College, Lucknow on 21st April, 2017
3. Dr Navbir Pasricha delivered an E- Poster on the topic “ An unusual presentation of Heterotaxy” in the 6th National Conference of Society of Clinical Anatomists held at KLE University, JLN Medical college, Belagavi on 3rd June, 2017
4. Dr Eti Sthapak delivered an E- Poster on the topic “Relation of Median nerve with Brachial Artery” in the 6th National Conference of Society of Clinical Anatomists held at KLE University, JLN Medical college, Belagavi on 3rd June, 2017
5. Dr Navbir Pasricha delivered guest Lectures on the topic “ Ethical Considerations in Medical Research” and “Publication Ethics” in a Value added Program held at Saraswati Dental College, Lucknow on 30 th Oct , 2017
6. Dr. Navbir Pasricha was Resource faculty in the 2nd Revised Basic Course workshop of MET at UPUMS, Saifai held from 13th to 15th Dec 2017.
1. Dr Navbir Pasricha delivered a Paper on the topic “A CT Angiography Study Of Corelation Of Main Renal Artery Diameter With Presence Of Accessory Renal Artery In Healthy Live Kidney Donors” in the 7th National Conference of Society of Clinical Anatomists held at AIIMS, Bhopal on 3rd and 4th Feb, 2018
2. Dr Eti Sthapak delivered a Paper on the topic “Impact of Competency based Training on Acquiring clinical motor skills in first year MBBS Students” in the 7th National Conference of Society of Clinical Anatomists held at AIIMS, Bhopal on 3rd and 4th Feb, 2018
3. Dr Rajan Bhatnagar delivered an Invited Lecture on the topic “ Anatomy for anaesthesiologists” in the Annual CZ- PG Anaesthesia Assembly held at Dr RML Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow on 14th Feb, 2018
4. Dr. Navbir Pasricha Chaired a session on Micro anatomy and Teratology at the 26th Annual Conference of UP Chapter of Anatomical Society of India held from 6th -7th Oct 2018 at KGMU, Lucknow.
5. Dr Swati Yadav presented a paper on Histological Alteration in the CA1 Region of Hippocampus of Male Albino Rats Exposed to Pyrethroid Based Mosquito Vaporizers And Protective Role of Turmeric at the 26th Annual Conference of UP Chapter of Anatomical Society of India held from 6th -7th Oct 2018 at KGMU, Lucknow.
6. Dr Eti Sthapak delivered an Invited Lecture on Pudendal Nerve: Clinical Anatomy & Features of Compression at ICPM 2018, 7 th Annual Conference of The Society for Ultrasound in Anaesthesia 27th - 31st October 2018, Organized by Department of Anaesthesiology & Critical Care, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur
7. Dr. Rajan Bhatnagar Chaired a session on Medical Education and Research at the National Conference of Anatomical Society of India held from 12th -14th Nov 2018 at AIIMS Rishikesh
8. Dr. Navbir Pasricha Chaired a session on Medical Education and Research at the National Conference of Anatomical Society of India held from 12th -14th Nov 2018 at AIIMS Rishikesh
9. Dr Rajan Bhatnagar delivered an Invited Lecture on the topic “ Soft Embalming” in the Iinter Command CME 2018 held at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune on 7th Dec, 2018
1. Dr Rajan Bhatnagar delivered an Invited Lecture on the topic “ Anatomy for anaesthesiologists” in the Annual CZ- PG Anaesthesia Assembly held at Dr RML Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow on 3rd Feb, 2019
2. Dr. Navbir Pasricha presented an Invited Lecture on Shoulder Joint Anatomy at the CME cum Workshop: Shoulder Imaging held on 28th Apr 2019 at Dr RML Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
3. Dr. Anamika Gaharwar participated as Resource Faculty in at the CME cum Workshop: Shoulder Imaging held on 28th Apr 2019 at Dr RML Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
4. Dr. Eti Sthapak participated as Resource Faculty in at the CME cum Workshop: Shoulder Imaging held on 28th Apr 2019 at Dr RML Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
5. Dr. Navbir Pasricha was Resource faculty in the Curriculum Impementation and Support Program at Dr RML Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow held from 30th May to 1st June 2019.
6. Dr Navbir Pasricha delivered a Poster on the topic: A Study of Ponticulus posterior of atlas: Incidence and clinical co-relations at UPASICON , Agra 2019 held on 21st- 22nd Sept 2019.
7. Dr Anamika Gaharwar Presented a Poster on Bicornuate Uterus –A case report in UPASICON , Agra 2019 held on 21st- 22nd Sept 2019
8. Dr Eti Sthapak delivered a Poster on the topic: Anatomic variation of anterior rotator cuff: a case report at UPASICON , Agra 2019 held on 21st- 22nd Sept 2019.
1. Dr. Anamika Gaharwar Morphological Study of the Coronoid Process of Mandible in North Indian Population.Academia Anatomica International, AAI Volume-5; Issue 1: January-June-2019.
2. Dr. Anamika Gaharwar: Correlation between Crown Rump Length of Fetus and Gestational Age in First Trimester of Pregnancy in North Indian Population.International Journalof Medical Research Professionals(IJMRP), Int J Med Res Prof.2019 May;5(3);102-04.
3. Dr Eti Sthapak A study of communication between Musculocutaneous and Median nerve in man. Journal of Anatomical Society of India, Vol 67 Supplement 2, Oct 2018, S37-S44.
4. Dr Eti Sthapak, Navbir Pasricha, Rajan Bhatnagar. Relation of Median Nerve with Brachial Artery: A cadaveric study, Journal of Anatomical Sciences, Vol27 (1) June 2019, 10-14.